Sunday, August 20, 2017

BIRDSHOT & SALVAGE: Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino Weekend Tales

I devoted the weekend in watching 2 films included in the ongoing Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino. I based my choice on the supposed quality of the films. Last Saturday, I watched the first, Mikhail Red's Birdshot, because I remembered reading not too long ago that it received a best Picture award somewhere (it turned out to be the Best Film of the Asian Future competition of the 29th Tokyo International Film Festival). On Sunday, the second, because of the supposed reputation of its director, Sherad Anthony Sanchez, whose films I still have to see. I love experimental films, I endured Raya Martin's Autohystoria (& that's a mean feat to anybody's book) but though I liked Birdshot, I lost patience with the second one midway & left the 6 people who shared the cold cinema with me.

  Birdshot's quiet laconic pace bored me for a while but the surprising texture of a rural Philippine film noir gripped me eventually. Salvage had no hook whatsoever to make me glued to my seat. Frankly, it turned me off so much I decided it was not really worth waiting for the supposed "surprising" climax. I was simply not interested anymore.

 After my experience with Salvage, I don't know if I will still risk watching any of the other entries. I might eventually but I'm still sweet-talking myself.


 Birdshot- directed by Mikhail Red
 

Salvage- directed by Sherad Anthony Sanchez

25 comments:

  1. Bumabagyo na naman kaya may post si Admin hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mabuti nga, kadiri yong about GMA at Isis-cbn lang

      Delete
    2. Flop naman yang filmfest na yan. Parang yong rally nila sa People Power monument, flop din. Akala pa naman ng mga Yellowtards, magagamit na nila si Kian de los Santos para mambola uli sa mga mamamayan. Fail again, naturally bwahahaha

      Delete
    3. Ang daming bungal sa mga sumali sa rally. Halatadong hakot

      Delete
    4. Naghakot na nga, kakarampot pa rin sila hahaha

      Delete
    5. Sana pinangipin muna nila yong mga hakot nila hehehe

      Delete
  2. Panuorin mo si Ryza Cenon, maganda soya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagmasturbate daw siya. May frontal ba?

      Delete
    2. Dapat bigyan nila ng primetime na teleserye si Ryza. Magaling at maganda siya sa Ika-6 na utos

      Delete
    3. Ngayon ko rin lang nakilala si Ryza. Malayo namang mas maganda at magaling umarte kesa sa mga Katulong Brigade na ginagawang bida sa mga teleserye ng GMA

      KATULONG BRIGADE members:
      Gabbi Garcia, Sanya Lopez, Lorna Ching, Tea Tolentino, Barbie Forteza,Glaiza de Castro, etc

      Delete
    4. Ok na fantaserye title yan a. Katulong Brigade, co-prod ng dalawang network. GMA ang mga babae tapos ISIS-CBN ang mga lalake

      Delete
    5. Manananggal yong title, Admin. Merong floor pa pero nawala sa isipko

      Delete
    6. Ang Manananggal sa Unit 3B

      Delete
    7. Ano, Admin, napanuod mo? Review naman o

      Delete
    8. Nagpakita ba si Ryza? Explicit daw. Gaano ka-explicit?

      Delete
    9. Pwedeng magpakita si Martin, malaki ang titi. Sayang lang, bading siya, kadiri

      Delete
  3. Mahina ang line-up ngayon. Wala pa ko napanuod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga, boring ang choices. Parang nagpupulot na lang sa kung saan-saan

      Delete
    2. Halatadong walang nanuod, walang masyadong comment ngayon

      Delete
    3. Gusto ko panuorin yong Hamog, nawala nanan agad. Sana ibalik

      Delete
    4. Ya, sayang yong Hamog, hinanap ko rin, waley na

      Delete
  4. Anybody knows why the Koreans are still ugly despite repeated plastic surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they really look funny lol

      Delete
    2. They should wear masks, baka mag-improve pa hahaha

      Delete
    3. Wag na pag-usapan yong kadiri

      Delete