Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Belated Jodian

Last Sunday, I did what was then unthinkable. The first time I watched a teleserye continuously up to  the 10th episode. 5 hours, in one sitting.  I clicked the first episode then I lost track of the time. That confirmed  a lot: in  the previous teleseryes that I tried to watch, I mostly got stuck at the pilot or second episode.

I was talking of the recently-concluded teleserye Pangako Sa Yo.

Anyway, this post is about the Ian Veneracion & Jodi Santamaria team-up. I wasn't a fan of Jodi before after I have seen only her carelessly prepared publicity photos which shouldn't have been released in the first place because they were really unflattering. With Ian, it turned out we have a leading man who can give any of the Latin American telenovela actors a run for their money. It's unfortunate their blossoming team had to be lumped with declining cast members in  a lackluster smorgasbord film in the last Metro Manila Film Fest  (including a budding loveteam in a cast with stars who had recent histories of box-office disasters & bad ratings  was really unfortunate). Hopefully, that fiasco won't dim the lights of the team.

I think they still have the magic to have suckered me to watch them that long. A melodrama at that (Another first). Incredible!

Tight script in the first 10 episodes, nice production values, fantastic score btw...

2 comments:

  1. Pwede pa sila, alam naman ng tao minalas lang sila nasama sila sa papalubog na. Mabuti na lang makapritso si Kris, hayan naligtas tuloy ang Lizquen sa kamalasan
    Dapat isama itong dalawa sa isang drama kay Bea Alonzo ang ganda siguro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magaling magdrama si Ian pero bagay din sa kanya yong mga noir projects. Mystery thrillers na may konting aksiyon. Dapat diverse na ang Pinoy films tutal kumikita na, wag puro drama at romcom

    ReplyDelete